Nigerian singer and Empawa boss, Mr Eazi has urged African creatives to push towards African equity participation.
The singer took to his Instagram page to point out that Africa has been exploited for its mineral resources for years. He added that 95% of Africa’s resources are shipped out of Africa and the remaining 5% is mismanaged leading Africa to a poverty-ridden continent. The singer went on to explain that some of the biggest players in the African music ecosystem aren’t even Africa-owned.
He then called on all African creatives and stakeholders to take a stand and fight for African equity participation in the African music ecosystem. Eazi shared this message with the caption “Fink about It, Be About it, Do about It”